Sofia is incredibly passionate about Intellectual Property. Her mission is to connect the dots between legal concepts, business objectives and marketing strategy and help businesses capitalize on their Intellectual Property Assets.
She currently sits on the StartUp Advisory Boards of Kettner Law APC; she is also the senior publications expert of the 10-volume Kluwer Law’s International Trust Laws and Analysis, Company Laws and Wealth Management and a senior contributor for LexisNexis’ Global Guide of Taxation of Intellectual Property, and a published expert on business asset protection and corporate veil piercing.
Academically, Sofia holds a Russian and an U.S. law degree as well as a German legal studies certificate. Sofia is currently working on her Doctoral Dissertation in Business Administration.
- Taxation of Electronic Commerce @”Taxaton of Intellectual Property and Technology”, LexisNexis, Nov 2016;
- California Chapter at “United States, International Trust Laws and Analysis” by William H. Byrnes; Robert J. Munro, Kluwer Law International BV, The Netherlands, 2015;
- Piercing the corporate veil: an often overlooked asset protection issue, Offshore Investment, April 2015 (with Prof. William Byrnes, Esq., Associate Dean, International Tax & Financial Services);
- Bankruptcy Procedures Applicable to Insolvent Municipalities under the Russian and US Laws: Comparative Aspects, Civilist, Vol. 4, p.91, 2013 (with Prof. Shishmareva Tatiana, Ph.D);
- Preventing Insolvency of Public Entities: Experience of Spain, Reports Collection – VII International Scientific Conference for Students and young Researchers, p. 193, 2013;